Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Last Post (for now): "I Lick My Cheese"

Huzzah! The 22nd post!

I decided to go for a slightly unusual book this time around...

"I Lick My Cheese and Other Real Notes from the Roommate Frontlines"
Oonagh O'Hagan
Abrams Image, 2009
ISBN# 978-0-8109-8362-5

Collected here, complete with snarky commentary, are the scribblings of frustration, amusment, and oh-so-carefully-concealed hostility.

I love passive-aggressive (and just plain aggressive) notes. Not necessarily being on the giving or receiving end of such notes, but there's just something hilarious in the way people deal with their problems on paper. I'm a fan of the snarky commentary in this book as well. On a note that reads "You know, that I know that you know that I know that you took it...So give it back", Oonagh comments "This is the kind of message that the mafia would leave for a victim as the first chance to pay up before getting to wear the not-so-fashionable concrete shoes". This books great to just pick up and leaf through and smile, becuase it's not you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment