Tuesday, July 14, 2009

ALA Funness! :)

So, this is technically not a book review, but I was at the ALA national conference all weekend, and I've managed to add to my book collection with tons of galleys, picture books, and freebies. :) Instead of a review, here are some pictures of authors and some books that are now on my shelf.

Mike Thaler, author of "The Teacher from the Black Lagoon" and other similar titles. His shirt read "Read, or Get Laminated!", compliments of "The Librarian from the Black Lagoon".
The marvelous Holly Black, who was signing copies of the galley for "Geekitude", which she edited. What I didn't place together at the time was that she's also the author of "Valiant", which is amazing. :)


Jon Sciezka and Lane Smith might very well jsut be my heroes. Not only have they presented with world with the wonderful "Squids will be Squids", but also "The Stinky Cheese Man and Other Fairly Stupid Tales". True men of genius.
Mo Willems, author of the Pigeon books, is just as fun and funny as the pigeon. The original of this picture involved Mo trying to balance the pigeon on his head. Yep.
Neil Gaiman is, without a doubt, one of my favorite authors of all time. Waiting in line to get his autograph is always worth it. He's extremely polite, cooperative, and he'll draw your name on a tombstone while you gush about how much you love "The Graveyard Book." No lie.
This is just a bonus picture from the Neil Gaiman line, take two. Yes, I'm that much of a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment