Wednesday, July 8, 2009

"Charlie and the Chocolate Factory"

Okay, so I've been seriously lagging behind in journal entries. Whoops. And, I'm off to the ALA conference on Friday, so it's time to cover some serious ground.

"Charlie and the Chocolate Factory"
Roald Dahl
Puffin Books, 1964
ISBN# 0-14-130115-5

Deserving boy (Charlie) beats out four beastly little children, who all earn their terrible fates, and goes on to win a chocolate factory from an eccentric candy-making genius.

Screw Johnny Depp's version. Say "so long!" to Gene Wilder's. Roald Dahl is the original. 'Nuff said.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on dismissing the movies, but I love to "read" Roald Dahl by listening to his boooks. =) James and the Giant Peach read by Jeremy Irons is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! I have "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" read by Eric Idle. There's nothing wrong with listening! :)

    ReplyDelete