Sunday, July 12, 2009

"The Graveyard Book"

:) I'm updating again from Chicago. Yesterday, Neil Gaiman (!!!!!!!) signed my copy of "The Graveyard Book", which just won the Newbery, so here is a quick blogpost.

"The Graveyard Book"
Neil Gaiman
HarpersCollins 2008

Nobody Owens should have been killed when he was just a baby. Instead, he ended up in the Graveyard. But, not as a corpse. Raised by the ghosts of the Graveyard, he tries to come to terms with being living in the land of the dead.

I cannot say enough about how much I love Neil Gaiman's works, and how great this book is. It is YA oriented, but the scene with the ghouls definitely would give even adults the heebie jeebies. The cast of this book is appropriately varied and interesting and with enough life (pun intended) to keep the reader engaged. And, as with any Gaiman's books, the action is balanced with enough character development to keep the story going. And, well, I'm a fan. I can't say anything bad. Read it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment